Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Drum Carding




I did some drum carding the other day. Black/Gray Washed Corriedale Fleece....is it lovely or what? I am making a 2 ply sock yarn for kilt hose. As for the drum carder...What a wonderful piece of equipment. Mine is a Strauch 405 Finest chain driven, comes with everything you could possibly need. I like the chain driven...no slipping bands to mess with. I did buy it from Copper Moose and they threw in a book called Color in Spinning. It looks to me like they are throwing in fiber this time. The book has lots of info on blending fibers on a drum carder. click on images to enlarge

1 Comments:

Blogger Necia said...

Hey,
A drum carder is next on my list! I'm torn between a Louet Jr, and a Strauch Petite. I can't wait to I get one though!

Necia

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

count traffic
Apple Computer Store