Tuesday, February 20, 2007

NZAK



Here is what I had ordered for my birthday June of 2006 (It was still in production then), I received it 1 week after christmas ..... isn't she beautiful. I had to take a photo of the packaging, Jacquie packaged it sooo fantastic, it had to travel all the way from NZ!! Just to let you know if you have no clue what it is, it is a New Zealand Auto Knitter (NZAK) which means it is a circular sock knitting machine (CSM). http://www.autoknitter.com/ . I have yet to make a pair of socks with it, but I make socks with my other CSM, a LeGare 400.
I am having the wooden handle refinished, it was a bit rough around the edges. oddly enough the man that is going to refinish it for me is a retired machinist, he has not seen the machine yet, but I bet he will be amazed. Her color is a bit hard to capture in photos. Every photo that I have taken turns out to show mostly blue. The only way I can describe the color is cobalt .... sometimes blue and sometimes dark purple. The main production model is a lovely ripple black. I am going to order a compound cylinder so I can make childerns socks...not that I have kids.. cuz I don't, I just like the fact that I will be able to make them if need be.

1 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

That is an awesome machine! I actually found the Majacraft group by looking at sock machines -- then ended up with my Rose. :)

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

count traffic
Apple Computer Store